Seoul to expand monthly transit pass to cover Incheon
简介People traveling from Incheon to Seoul by bus will be able to use an unlimited monthly transit pass ...
People traveling from Incheon to Seoul by bus will be able to use an unlimited monthly transit pass from next year, Seoul City said Friday.
It is an expansion to a 65,000 won ($50) pass that gives commuters unlimited access on all public transport within Seoul, and bus rides that depart from Seoul to other metropolitan areas.
The announcement came as Seoul Mayor Oh Se-hoon and Incheon Mayor Yoo Jeong-bok signed a "Seoul-Incheon Transportation Business Agreement" at Seoul City Hall and announced the plans to strengthen the two cities' cooperation on transportation.
Oh called the pass, named "Climate Card," a "new innovation" in transportation development in the Seoul metropolitan area.
"We will do our best to benefit many citizens by actively promoting the expansion of the climate companion card in the metropolitan area, which is promoted as a major transportation policy for people's livelihoods as well as responding to the climate crisis," Oh said after the meeting.
Seoul in September announced the introduction of the public transit pass that gives holders unlimited access to subways, buses, and public bicycles within Seoul for 65,000 won per month. It has been discussing ways to expand the policy to surrounding areas such as Incheon.
Seoul will roll out the card on a trial basis from January to May next year, and formally implement the scheme in the second half of 2024.
DAY6 will hold a year-end concert with all four members present, a first in four years, according to ...
South Korean liquor giant HiteJinro said Tuesday it is expanding its distribution network of soju pr ...
The Moroccan Embassy emphasized the significance of administrative autonomy as a catalyst for develo ...
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
- Spike in camping enthusiasts in Korea, yet camping etiquette lags behind
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
- LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
- LG Electronics CEO to present AI vision at CES
Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
YouTuber suspected of livestreaming after taking drugs
Disability rights group lodges complaint with rights watchdog over leader's arrest
KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
- Two Koreans named among world's top 200 art collectors
- 이준석 "난 박근혜 키즈 넘어섰다…한동훈도 尹키즈 벗어나야"
- Culture minister says admission to state museums requires public discussion
- LG Energy Solution names new CEO to propel growth
- [KH Explains] Why Apple's iPhone15 is selling better in Korea than China, Japan
- 한동훈 “나는 스타장관 아니다, 여당 아닌 야당이 날 띄우는 것"
- Pianist Kim Jun
- German ambassador advocates 'de
- [From the Scene] Jewel Changi offers glimpse of how to make airport fun
- Dyson vows to enhance customer service in Korea
- [Herald Interview] ‘Battery expansion to prompt strong cobalt, lithium trading’
- Govt. working to restore administrative network after major disruption
- S. Korea issues navigation warning amid planned N.K. rocket launch
- S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
- Prosecutors seek 5
- Unique indoor dating spots to warm your winter days
- 국힘 누비는 김한길과 그의 사람들..."결 다른데" 친윤은 불편
- 이낙연 "전우 시체 위에서 응원가 못 부른다"…총선 유세 거절?
- Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
- OpenAI CEO's ouster was over "breakdown of communications," not "malfeasance"
- US renews concerns over N. Korea
- [Contribution] Korean food captivates global palates
- IMF raises South Korea's inflation forecast to 3.6% for 2023
- Exports gain 2.2% from Nov. 1
- [Herald Interview] Latvia hopes to boost economic, cultural ties with Korea
- 초유의 행정전산망 '먹통'에…野 "한심하다는 말도 아깝다"
- Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
- [Herald Review] NCT 127 takes inspiration from ‘Matrix’ for 3rd tour
- Choosing children over career: Fatherhood changing in modern Korea
- Culture Ministry offers Suneung takers free exhibitions, discounted performances