First snow of winter falls in Seoul
简介The first snow of the season fell in many regions, including Seoul, Friday. The Korea Meteorological ...
The first snow of the season fell in many regions, including Seoul, Friday. The Korea Meteorological Administration explained that the first snowfall in Seoul, at 11:20 a.m., was observed earlier than usual.
Friday's measured precipitation in Seoul was not immediately available as of 3 p.m., but the KMA predicted about 1 centimeter of snowfall in the Greater Seoul area until Saturday.
The weather agency officially announces the first snow in Seoul when an observer at the Seoul Meteorological Observatory in Songwol-dong, Jongno-gu, directly sees the snow falling. Seoul saw the first snow of this year three days earlier than average and 12 days earlier than last year.
As of 11:20 a.m. on Friday, the first snow also fell in Incheon, Baengnyeongdo, Suwon, and Hongseong, South Chungcheong Province.
In Incheon, the snow came six days earlier compared to the average year and 12 days earlier than the last year. Baengnyeongdo, an island near North Korea, also saw the first snow a day earlier compared to the average year and 12 days earlier than the previous year.
The first snow in Suwon was four days earlier than usual and 16 days earlier than last year. Hongseong saw the first snow 12 days earlier than last year.
The KMA added that more areas would see their first snowfall on Friday, as clouds above the central West Sea were moving eastward at the speed of 40 kilometers per hour. As of 3 p.m., snow was falling strongly around the west coast of South Chungcheong Province, and strong snow is also expected in the Chungcheong area and the North Jeolla area until 6 p.m.
Korean Air, South Korea's leading airline, said Wednesday that it has ordered 20 additional Air ...
A rural district in South Jeolla Province has pledged a benefits package for families of students wh ...
Labor Minister Lee Jung-sik said the government will work to set clear criteria for what constitutes ...
- KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
- KT, Telkom join hands for Indonesia smart city project
- HDC to spur digital innovation for efficiency, safety
- [Korean History] Bodies of two infants discovered in freezer in Seoul's Seorae Village
- Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
- Posco secures W6tr supply deal from Lotte Energy Materials
S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
AmCham reaffirms Korea
LG, Hyundai, YouTube team up for in
Korea to set workplace harassment criteria: minister
German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
[Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- Govt. to survey spending on private education of preschoolers, Suneung retakers
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- Unification minister to visit Britain, Germany
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- Seoul shares tumble to 5
- Jakarta lights up in pink with SMTown Live 2023
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- [Today’s K
- More webtoon
- Aespa to return with 4th EP ‘Drama’ next month
- Viviz to drop 4th EP ‘Versus’ next month
- [HIT Forum] Innospace champions small satellite renaissance
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
- Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
- PM makes official visit to Denmark to promote Expo bid
- [Herald Interview] Monte
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- 윤 대통령 “중동 리스크 대응, 민생에 전력 다해야”
- First lady meets with Korean women residing in Japan
- Appeals court upholds 40
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- Russian, Uzbek nationals under investigation after campsite brawl
- Yoon, officials strongly condemn Hamas killings as act of terrorism
- 민주당 개표 초반부터 환호성…김태우 캠프엔 적막 가득했다
- Opposition calls for Yoon's overhaul of Cabinet after by
- Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'
- The 2023 Seoul Fantastic Beer Festival