您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
S. Korea formally accepts WTO deal on fisheries subsidies
简介South Korea's industry ministry said Tuesday the government has formally accepted an agreement ...
South Korea's industry ministry said Tuesday the government has formally accepted an agreement by the World Trade Organization aimed at banning subsidies for illegal fishing.
The agreement centers on prohibiting subsidies that contribute to overfishing and other illegal, unregulated fishing so as to ensure the sustainability of fish stocks and the industry.
Following South Korea's approval, the total number of WTO members that have formally endorsed the rule reached 51, taking up 46 percent of the necessary support for the agreement to take effect, according to the Geneva-based organization.
"Once implemented, the multilateral rule will curb harmful subsidies that may lead to the depletion of global fisheries resources and contribute to the sustainable use of maritime resources," the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy said in a statement.
"It will especially help to address the issue of illegal and overfishing by foreign vessels in our nearby waters," it added. (Yonhap)
- 부모와 아이
A 66-year-old taxi driver whose passenger jumped out of his moving taxi and was then killed after be ...
- 부모와 아이
For Mr. Tongue, this was both a point of excitement and caution, especially in Korea.“Because it is ...
- 부모와 아이
The country’s largest queer film festival, Seoul International Pride Film Festival, kicks off on Nov ...
- [Subway Stories] Traditional medicine's healing legacy lives on at Jegi
- CJ’s Korean
- Gov't to complete vaccination of cattle by Nov. 10 to prevent spread of lumpy skin disease
- Posco faces first
- Hyundai Rotem debuts world's 1st LTE
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Historian looks back at life dedicated to Korean studies
- US needs 'strategic clarity' on North Korea deterrence: report
- [News Analysis] Could Kakao’s M&A strategy be its own undoing?
- Major retailer recalls over 50,000 pairs of shower shoes due to chemical hazard
- Israel presses ground campaign against Hamas in 'second stage' of Gaza war
- Asiana Airlines delays decision on cargo business sell
- ArtToken, KAIST sign MOU to cooperate in art, technology fields
- 악수 청한 윤 대통령에 김용민 “이제 그만두셔야죠”
- Dreamcatcher to present new album 'VillanS' on Nov. 22
- LG Energy Solution debuts new battery
- 협치 첫 단추 ‘현수막 난립방지법’ 소위 통과
- STX, Triple
- Sombre palaces, tombs swathed in fall colors
- Rental fraudster’s ‘luxury life’ sparks anger
- NK closes embassy in Spain after shutting down 2 missions in Africa
- CJ Olive Young opens foreigner
- [Korea Quiz] Lucrative MLB careers
- Davichi to return with new single next month
- SK chief calls on board members to help CEOs make balanced decisions
- Yoon donates W5m toward construction of memorial for ex
- KT, Telkom join hands for Indonesia smart city project
- Weeekly invites listeners to enter universe where dreams come true
- Women’s stories continue to resonate with Korean viewers
- ‘홍범도·양평고속도로’ 야당 쓴소리에 윤 대통령 주로 경청
- Director touts Netflix's ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ as warm tale for adults