Culture Ministry offers Suneung takers free exhibitions, discounted performances
简介Candidates who completed this year's college entrance exam in South Korea, known as Suneung, on ...
Candidates who completed this year's college entrance exam in South Korea, known as Suneung, on Thursday, will be given free entry and discounts for special exhibitions and cultural performances, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism announced Friday.
The Seoul Arts Center is offering a half-price discount for the "SAC Saturday Concert" and "SAC Heart Classic Concert with KT," scheduled for Saturday and Nov. 24, respectively. Discounted tickets can be purchased only on-site with the 2024 Suneung test identification slip. The 2024 test slip is for those that sat the exam on Thursday.
The SAC will also offer free video screenings of a play and opera from Nov. 29 through Dec. 8 to interested high schools.
Recordings of the Korean play "The Return" and the opera "The Magic Flute" will be sent to high schools that apply. Applications are accepted at the SAC official website.
The National Museum of Korea's special exhibition, "Tree and Serpent: Early Buddhist Art in India" scheduled to run from Dec. 22 to April 14, will be free for those that present their test slips. The exhibition focuses on Buddhist artworks from South Indian culture.
As for performances, the National Theater of Korea is offering a half-price discount for dance performance "The Scent of Ink," and plays "I Am a Funny Camel" and "Song of King Sejong." "The Scent of Ink" is scheduled on Dec. 14-17, "I Am a Funny Camel" on Dec. 6-10 and "Song of King Sejong" on Dec. 29-31.
Meanwhile, major movie theater chains have also been rolling out promotions for the test takers.
CGV is showcasing nine films, including "The First Slam Dunk," "Suzume," and "The Nun II," at a discounted price of 7,000 won. The event runs until Tuesday, with program lists and theater locations updated at its official website.
Lotte Cinema is offering the "Teen Combo" promotion for students aged 13 to 18, including this year's Suneung takers, until Nov. 30. The promotion covers a movie ticket, popcorn and a beverage for 3,000 won. Megabox movie tickets are at 7,000 won each for Suneung candidates until Dec. 10.
The Record Label Industry Association of Korea’s petition to revise the ticket scalping law submitte ...
More drama series with diverse women in the lead are expected to dominate South Korean TV screens ov ...
Victims of a local housing rental scam who claim the fraudster is living off their money have gotten ...
Hyundai’s ‘Uni Wheel’ system gives more room for different car designs
Kakao Mobility announces plan to overhaul commission system amid monopoly criticism
Yoon doubles down on cutting national debt in 2024 budget speech
CJ Olive Young opens foreigner
S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
Memorial park for independence fighter to open in Kazakhstan
- 추미애 "尹대통령 지지율 30%대 받쳐주는 철벽통들이 있다"
- Govt. working to restore administrative network after major disruption
- Alternative nicotine products lead to reduction in smoking rates: report
- [Herald Review] NCT 127 takes inspiration from ‘Matrix’ for 3rd tour
- 초유의 행정전산망 '먹통'에…野 "한심하다는 말도 아깝다"
- Rising obesity in S. Korea comes amid doubts over BMI's reliability
- Prospects of Yoon's formal meeting with Xi uncertain: Yoon's office
- [New in Korean] Kim Hye
- Baekyangsa's Buddhist cuisine templestay teaches what it means to eat beyond taste
- Unique indoor dating spots to warm your winter days
- Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- "위성사진까지 대조한다" 밭에서 4억원어치 보물 캐는 사람들
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- S. Korea, Latin America to discuss ways to boost trade, ICT cooperation
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- S. Korean kidnapped in Philippines freed
- [Herald Interview] Chile, Korea need to boost global lithium value chain: minister
- BTS' Jungkook headed to Paris as MTV EMA nominee, performer
- '2023 Box Gallery Exhibition' by Youth Impact shows art made of discarded paper
- S.Korea's largest
- 안철수 측 "심장이상? 허위" 장성철 "安 쓰러져 심폐소생술"
- [Today’s K
- US strategic bomber B
- Seoul shares open lower on tech, battery slump
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
- Opposition leader away in court with critics calling for his departure from party
- 유승민 “안철수·이준석, 초상집서 상주끼리 그만 싸워라”
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met